On Wed, Jun 29, 2005 at 09:02:54AM +0200, lode leroy wrote:
> >> the autodetection of python on MSYS is not too good:
> >> the "\"es need to be replaced with "/"es, so I added this to
> >
> >Where did it screw up? You sure you are using a CVS snapshot with all
> >the relevant changes? The ChangeLog should have:
> MSYS (especially sh.exe) needs / instead of \ in the paths.
> Printing paths from python (in pythondev.m4 and
> /usr/share/aclocal-1.9/python.m4)

Yes, and the configure script should take care of this. This is why I
asked for confirmation that you have all the stuff needed for this to
work (which you did not answer).
> >> C:\Python24\lib\site-packages\site-customize.py
> >Changing stuff outside of gimp should be considered last resort.
> I do not see an alternative: /usr/share/aclocal-1.9/python.m4 is not part
> of gimp,
> but is used via aclocal...

Except the stuff you changed isn't used in the build...
> >> which is still not perfect: I modified python.m4 to replace "\"es by
> >"/"es:
> >>
> >>    [am_cv_python_pythondir=`$PYTHON -c "from distutils import sysconfig;
> >print
> >> sysconfig.get_python_lib(0,0,prefix='$PYTHON_PREFIX').replace('\\','/')"
> >> 2>/dev/> null ||
> >
> >Why is this needed at all? gimp doesn't use $pythondir anywhere.
> this particular test is used to detect the LDFLAGS to link pygimp against
> libpython

But $pythondir isn't used in LDFLAGS. $PYLINK_LIBS is used, and the
backslash to forward slash transformation is performed on this.

If you're having to make changes to these files, it sounds like you're
not using current enough sources.