Apologies for my previous (blank) post.

Would it be possible to abstract this process so that the perspective is not limited to just a quadrilateral plane as the destination? If the transform definition could be a bezier path, could the transform use a more generic method (with spline mappings?) to transform the image being copied?

Below is a link to a very crude mockup of what I am attempting to say. Also, this is being submitted along the lines of brainstorming; I think that project as it currently exists would be useful in and of itself (and perhaps challenging enough).

http://flashingtwelve.brickfilms.com/GIMP/Temp/path-transform.jpg

A bezier path was drawn around the pathway in the middle picture. The top picture (the bricks) were then mapped into the path, producing the bottom picture.