I think that the explanation of "Softproof rendering intent" in the Color
Management preferences is different from
actual behavior of the Color Management display filter.

As shown in the description of the tool-tips, it seems to be processed as
follows:

[Source]->(ProofIntent)->[Print]->(DisplayIntent)->[Monitor]

However, it is actually processed as follows:

[Source]->(DisplayIntent)->[Print]->(ProofIntent)->[Monitor]

I propose exchanging the 398th line for the 397th line of "cdisplay_lcms.c",
or correcting description of the tool-tips.