2007/1/18, Thorsten Wilms <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
> On Thu, Jan 18, 2007 at 02:57:30AM -0300, Manuel Quiñones wrote:
> > I've had a similar idea than yours, and implemented it right away. But
> > instead of changing zones with keystrokes, the zone can be selected
> > using the crosspoint of two perpendicular guides. I know this is ugly,
> > and maybe your idea about changing to next/previous zone is better.
> > Here it is:
> (...)
> > http://wiki.gimp.org/gimp/DrawingZones
> I like the idea of using a layer and a palette to draw the zones.
> Even though I talked about hard edges, I (and everyone else drawing)
> need anti-aliased ones in almost all cases :}

You are right. It's trivial to add anti-aliasing zones, and I'll add
them for the next release.

Also it will be better to get rid of the palette, but I found no
method to automatically get the basic colors from a layer. This can be
done interactively using Import Palette with an image, and setting
"number of colors" option to the number of zones. Doing that I get a
palette with the basic colors of the layer. Anyone knows a scriptable
method for this?

> The selection via 2 guides isn't practical, of course. I understand why
> you do it for now, lets hope there will be a solution.

Yes. However, I'm planning to add functions to go to the next/previous
zone as Joao and David said.

PD: I know this kind of discussion may bother developers, and I
understand you are leading to a major release for us all. So, why not
open a mailing list dedicated to gimp-scripting? I ask questions about
scripting in the gimp-users mailing list, but they may sound too
technical for normal users.

- Ocultar texto citado -