How about creating the following buttons on the jpeg save console?
- "Save at original image compression value"
- "Save at user-specified compression value" (insert current value of
used-specified quality)
- "Change user-specified compression value"

It can be abbreviated as the following:
Save at the following compression value:
- Original
- User-specified (insert number, so users would know what that value is)

I chose to replace "default" by "user-specified" to avoid confusion.

I'm sorry if I'm repeating what someone else is saying, but all this
cross-talk is leaving me a bit lost. :S

Got a little couch potato?