On Mon, 2007-07-23 at 18:34 -0600, D. Stimits wrote:

> So I pose this question...if print via PDF is to be considered, why
> remove the existing PS system, which is pretty much the best quality
> PostScript among all of the apps (commercial and free)?

We are not removing anything. So far GIMP didn't have a Print plug-in
maintained in the GIMP source tree. We are now adding one based on
GtkPrint as an option for the users who just want to get an image
printed easily.

You can still install the GIMP Print plug-in from the Gutenprint project
if you need the features or the suberb print quality that it offers.