Hi,

On Mon, Jul 23, 2007 at 07:35:17PM +0200, Sven Neumann wrote:
> > If yes, a solution could be to not distinguish between a Postscript and a
> > PDF target (i.e. to embed only opaque images into a PDF despite the fact
> > that PDF can handle images with alpha values).
>
> Would this approach have any disadvantages?

I think the current implementation of the print plugin is fine, i.e.
generate the PDF with opaque images. If someone needs to have a PDF with
images with alpha values, it would be possible to write a 'save-as-pdf
plugin' similar to the print plugin that uses also gtk_print_*
functionality. I think that even layers could be embedded into the PDF. I
could (try to) write such a plugin.

So, there the question remains whether someone would use this?

Stefan