Quoting Robert L Krawitz <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

> The problem is that "custom tables" seems very confusing -- it sounds
> like the user's going to be asked to input something she knows nothing
> about.  One could argue that "Use existing image quality settings"
> means the same thing as "Use quality settings currently attached to
> the image", and then nothing about the behavior would have to change.

My only comment on this issue is that the term "image" is consistently
employed within the GIMP vocabulary to mean the "in-memory" copy of
the picture being edited (when an image is duplicated, scaled, changed
mode, etc., the file is not affected). It would be confusing to use
the term "image" to describe a file attribute that is basically
independent of the in-memory data.