Date: Mon, 13 Aug 2007 10:08:27 +0200
   From: =?UTF-8?B?UmFwaGHDq2w=?= Quinet <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

   On Mon, 13 Aug 2007 09:22:58 +0200, Sven Neumann <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
   > On Sun, 2007-08-12 at 23:44 +0200, Raphaël Quinet wrote:
   > > Since Friday, I added a new option to the JPEG save dialog: "Use
   > > custom quality settings".  If some quantization tables were attached
   > > to the image when it was loaded, then this option allows you to use
   > > them instead of the standard ones (different quantization tables are
   > > generated by the IJG JPEG library for each quality level).
   > Why do we need an option in the GUI for this? If there are quantization
   > tables attached and the user doesn't change the save quality, then just
   > use them. Or is there a real disadvantage in doing that? To me it looks
   > like you are asking the user a question that she is unlikely going to
   > understand. And you are forcing the user to make a decision that you can
   > better do for her.

   I think that this option is still useful.  Maybe not for disabling it
   when it is enabled, but for enabling it when it is not enabled
   automatically.  It is usually better to use the custom quantization
   tables if they are better than your default quality settings.  But
   if they are not better, then it is nice to give a choice to the user.

   If the quantization tables found in the original file are not better
   than your default quality settings, then the option "Use custom
   quality settings" will be available but not enabled.  This ensures
   that you always get at least the minimum quality specified in your
   defaults.  If you did not make major changes to the image and you want
   to save it using the same quality as the original, then you can do it
   by enabling this option.

Would "Use existing image quality settings" be a better name for this?