Raphaël Quinet wrote:
> One of the changes from GIMP 2.2 to 2.4 is the streamlining of some
> tools [...] However, as noted by one user on IRC today, this has also removed
> the
> big "Crop" button that existed previously in the pop-up. [...]
> One idea would be to put such a button in the status bar, just like
> the Cancel button that appears when a plug-in displays its progress
> information.

Interesting observation, but does it make sense to have buttons in a
place that (to my understanding) is supposed to be a "monologue", i.e.
just providing information; not offer interaction? Wouldn't it make more
sense to have this button in the Tool Options?

Now, I know that we don't like more stuff in there, but imo that's the
right place for such a button.

- Martin Nordholts