Clicking inside the cropped region also implements the action. It's actually a
feature I'm not sure I like because it deviates from the rectangle tool's
implementation of the same action - to hide the handles. Well, I don't know if
that's what the implementation is technically but that's what it effectively
does and it's what I use it for. So my instinct with the crop tool is to do the
same thing, to get a feel for how the crop might look. and it goes ahead and
performs the action before I'm ready for it to. Undo fixes the problem but it's
still annoying.

I like the idea of an "accept" button to the right or left of the status bar. I
don't think most users would think to look in the properties dialogue for the
action and there's really no other logical place for it to go. I seem to
remember buttons being in there for other tasks. I would presume that most
who don't know the keyboard controls aren't going to hide the status bar.

---AV & Spam Filtering by M+Guardian - Risk Free Email (TM)---