When I looked at this project I couldn't could be more amazed at how
terrible it is for users. So I closely examined what is plaguing this
project. The main thing it always comes down to is that the users can not
easily get in touch with the developers.

Example 1: Gimp wiki (Wilbur's wiki) This wiki uses your own software, while
the common user is used to mediawiki software. As the majority of people are
used to Wikipedia type editing this should be changed asap.

It is largely the same story with the gimp user group forums. Everyone is
used to phpbb forums and the software in use seems incomplete. (generic
error messages for any registration error, inability to edit previous posts,
etc...) I recommend changing to phpbb as it is pretty much industry standard
for open source projects. In usual cases the developers also participate in
forums with users on the main site, so move the forums to the main site.

The average user has never used a mailing list before as well and feels
uncomfortable with them, take that into more consideration.

This has created 2 major problems.

1. TheGimp is no longer comparable to photoshop or corel. I recommend
putting together an extremely detailed feature list of both products and
comparing them and how often they are used. For example there seems to be no
equivalent for photoshop's brush selection tool, and other tools in that
same category. It seems this problem was created from not taking in
information from people that are used to photoshop.

2. Multi-window interface: If you haven't noticed the UI team has gotten a
significant amount of theGimp mock ups with just one window. I have heard it
is possible to change the gimp into one window, but it doesn't seem possible
on Windows. Outside of the Gimp community this is by far the most complained
about thing since with something like a browser window being open makes the
user have to manually bring all of the windows to the foreground.

Please do something to get in touch with users, I could never honestly ever
say theGimp could be a replacement for photoshop ever if this continues.