On Sun, 02 Dec 2007 21:25:09 +0100, Eckhard M. J├Ąger <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> Hello Sven,
> thanks for the link and the help.
> there is a thing that i don't understand, my script is opening the file
> and so the thumbnail
> is generated by Gimp automaticly when closing gimp.
> I thought using gimp-file-save-thumbnail would be faster and uses less
> memory then opening
> the files like i did. But now i read the documentation and see to use
> gimp-file-save-thumbnail
> i have to open the file first to get the image ID.
> So my question is: Is there an advantage using gimp-file-save-thumbnail?

As Liam suggested ImageMagick is a command line tool intended for
precisely the sort of processing you are trying to do and will certainly
be much lighter and faster than a full GUI image processing program like
gimp. You could get your script to use gimp for (rare) cases like xcf
format where you dont have an option.

  (/ \)
  (   )