Mark Lowry skrev:
> Attached is a link to a screen capture showing the
> same image opened in Windows Picture and Fax viewer
> and in GIMP 2.4.  As you can see, the GIMP version (no
> editing performed) has a haze compared to the WP&F
> viewer version.
>
> http://vabirdy.tripod.com/images/puppypics/gimp_jpeg_haze.jpg
>
> This is very annoying, but I'm not sure which viewer
> is at fault.  Should I submit a bug report for this?
>
> Thanks ..... Mark

Hello

This is probably a color management issue. I don't think the image
viewer in Windows is color managed, so if you also disable display color
management in GIMP (File -> Preferences -> Color Management -> set
Monitor Profile to None and uncheck Try to use the system monitor
profile), does this still happen?

Martin