Hi,

On Thu, 2008-01-17 at 01:50 +0000, William Skaggs wrote:

> These are interesting ideas, but they are fantasies at this point.
> The whole tags thing is a fantasy at this point.  There is no
> infrastructure in Gimp to support it, so everything would have
> to be written from scratch.  That's months of work for somebody
> with strong Gimp skills, even if a complete specification existed,
> which is not the case.  Who is going to do it?

There is a lot of infrastructure for this already. If someone wants to
start working on this, just let me know and I will take my time to
explain what needs to be done. I might even get to it myself.

Even though the current development cycle is already quite far along, we
could still get the infrastructure for tags implemented along with
on-demand loading of data files. That would allow us to do the changes
to the user interface as soon as 2.6 is released.

> And, to repeat, even if there is tags support, there must be,
> at least from the user's point of view, something like a workspace --
> a set of brushes that are immediately available.

Sure. That is the set of brushes that match the currently selected tag.
That would be the name of the project you are currently working on, or a
category that describes the kind of brushes that are currently needed.