Tom Bass wrote:
> Hi everybody,
> I'm no "linux-geek", I'm based on Windows, so I'm interested in helping
> out in the Win-Parts of Gimp - if there's still some help needed ;-) I
> checked the bugtracker and found interesting starting tasks, that I'd
> like to work on - but some problems occured with the compilation of the
> SVN trunk with MinGW. But that are some questions that I may ask later on :)
> Regards
> Tom

Hi Tom!

As a hacker willing to contribute to GIMP development you are more than
welcome. Apart from Windows specific problems, a good way to get
involved in the GIMP source is to solve milestoned bugs. You will find
these bugs in the 'Milestones' column at

As Bill said, setting up a build environment for GIMP on Windows is
quite complicated. This mailing list and #gimp @ are good
places for getting help.

Best regards,
Martin Nordholts