Sven Neumann wrote:
> Hi,
> This is unavoidable on a mailing-list. Not everyone receives the mails
> at the same time and there is no way you can know if anyone else has
> already responded to the mail.
I can see how that would be the case if the responses were temporally close to
each other.  However, the receipt times at bc2.EECS.Berkeley.EDU for Rafael's
message and the three responses were:
Rafael Mesquita:  Tue, 18 Mar 2008 16:01:58 -0700 (PDT)
Bill Skaggs:      Tue, 18 Mar 2008 21:32:51 -0700 (PDT)
Sven Neumann:     Wed, 19 Mar 2008 00:19:23 -0700 (PDT)
Ingo Luetkebohle: Wed, 19 Mar 2008 02:45:31 -0700 (PDT)

If you're saying you didn't get Bill's message before responding, then so be it
(though I might offer that your email is sort of broken; ignore this quip if
choose to receive daily batches of gimp-developer mail).  What I imagine
happened, however, is that people read Rafael's message and responded
immediately rather than first reading the responses that had already been sent,
and only subsequently sending a response.

I realize that it's hard to both be lazy and read through an entire thread
before responding, but I feel that we should at least be able to put forth the
extra effort when trying to convince students to spend their time improving The
Gimp rather than going to a more organized project.

And, seriously.  If multiple hours of delay isn't enough time for at least the
majority of respondents to get on the same page, then we should probably have
one person acting as a liaison between the folks on gimp-developer and