This is what you said:

So you may have to free all tiles before the swap file
resizes itself to zero.

How can I free the tiles in the swap? That was the question.

If I show you a 20 lines script, then you'd have to generate the image
maybe a million times to actually increase the swap. As Kevin said,
there may be a leak in one of the method calls inside the script. And
there are 104 calls.