Hi,

On Mon, May 19, 2008 at 2:05 AM, Robert Krawitz <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>   Currently, in order to use a custom brush/gradient/etc, you must first
>   create it, then edit/save/etc.  Every time you want a new brush you have
>   to create a new one, even if it is a temporary brush.  Instead why not
>   have the 'active' brush (and gradient,etc) always be user editable,
>   saved between sessions.
>
> How would you restore the original version of the brush, in case you
> edited it accidentally?

How I understand the idea, the 'active brush' is a copy of the brush
that you've selected. So you can play with it in any way you like
without breaking the original brush (which could be a read-only file,
btw).

Workflow could be something like the following:
1. Select a brush. A copy of it is created transparently to the user.
2. User can easily edit the brush for her needs.
3. Paint something
4. (optionally) Save the brush to disk.
5. Select another brush. A copy of it is created transparently to the
user. Previous 'current brush' is lost.