Bill Skaggs wrote:
> Jim Sabatke <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> It seems that in 2.4.6 that exif data are missing when saving as a
>> compressed jpg.  They are not missing on jpgs with no compression.
> There is no such thing as a jpg with no compression, so it is pretty
> much impossible to make sense of what you are saying.  It would
> be helpful if you would describe the actions you took and the
> error messages you received in a more concrete way.  What were
> the settings you used when saving as jpg?  What were the messages
> that told you whether or not exif data is present?
>   -- Bill

OK, I'm processing Nikon D200 NEF (RAW) photos with gimp and ufraw.
ufraw shows the exif data properly.

When I edit the photo in gimp and go to save with the standard settings,
the exif data do not show up on my pbase website.  This is a new
behavior as exif data have always shown up before.

I looked at the help on the pbase site and it said most of the problems
saving exif data come from high compression.

So, I re-edited a photo and saved it. On the the "Save as JPEG" screen
"Save EXEF data" was checked.

On the "Subsampling:" drop box, I selected "1x1,1x1,1x1 (best quality).

Then I saved and the exif data showed on my pbase photo.

I was mistaken that I changed the compression.  It was still at 85.

Hope this helps,