On Sat, 2008-06-14 at 19:17 +0200, Ingo Ruhnke wrote:
> On Sat, Jun 14, 2008 at 6:59 PM, Robert Krawitz <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > One issue that needs to be considered with that is what is done with
> > very large images.
> In a perfect work there would be a way to not save the image itself,
> but only the operations done on it since the last save, which could
> then be replayed back at recovery.
> For the short term a simple "Do not auto-save when larger then X
> bytes" switch would likely be enough.

I also work with large (or largeish) images on a daily basis.

I don't always have disk space to save a copy, and even if I did,
it can be a wait of several minutes, especially on the laptop,
just for a 10,000 x 7,000 pixel image.

A Do-not-autosave-if-larger-than is a hack, and I fear it would
remove any motivation for a better fix -- I'd rather wait for the
Coming of the Goat, when a reworked undo system and non-destructive
editing may make this a lot easier to implement.