On Wed, Jul 09, 2008 at 08:26:59AM +0200, Sven Neumann wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Tue, 2008-07-08 at 18:14 -0700, Valerie wrote:
>
> > I guess we have drastically different usages of brushes though.
> > I NEVER use a "brush of exactly 17 pixels". In fact, a brush of
> > "exactly 17 pixels" is pretty much useless to me. Most people
> > go by a visual cue instead of specific values, and you can't
> > see the exact size of the brushes in the list in the first place.
>
> Exactly, you need a visual cue. That's why I think it's important to
> offer a set of differently sized brushes in the brushes list. So that
> people can pick a brush of about the right size. But perhaps we needd to
> rethink the user interface for brush selection and try to come up with a
> solution that works better?

I have a weird obsession. I work with images that are larger than what
most other people work with.

So I don't need a 3, 5, 7, 9, 11, 13, 15, 17, or 19 pixel fuzzy
circle, but I need one that is around 30 pixels wide. Or 50.

So, it's nice to have the visual cue, but because there is a simple
enumeration, the one I need is never there.

        Roger.

--
** [EMAIL PROTECTED] ** http://www.BitWizard.nl/ ** +31-15-2600998 **
**    Delftechpark 26 2628 XH  Delft, The Netherlands. KVK: 27239233    **