Hi;

Thanks for the reference Valerie. I'm Filsd. :)

I agree with you. GIMP needs a new and revised set of default Brushes.

And in my experience as a professor of "CG Art"  (using only open-source:
GIMP, blender...) I find many people that don't even think in GIMP as a
Digital Painting program until I show then some Brushes and Results made
with then. Many Digital artists I know only migrated to GIMP after using it
with these sets.

Some nice examples of artists that uses GIMP with my Brushes (the two last
are mine :P):

http://detaillibrary.blogspot.com/2007/09/color-concepts.html
http://www.eduardodamasceno.com/
http://fc03.deviantart.com/fs17/f/2007/180/8/1/Isabella___B_and_W_by_Filsd.jpg
http://fc06.deviantart.com/fs18/f/2007/159/d/8/Aryanneh_by_Filsd.jpg

My Brushes are already Creative Commons Share-Alike. So... anyone can use it
already!

PS. Sorry for my poor English...

--
Filipe Soares Dilly