Good morning ladies and gentlemen,

I'm here to propose a new default layout for 2.6 series of GIMP.
Why now you may ask... The reason is that the UI has changed. There is a whole
new window always on users desktop. And this gives us the opportunity to
present a lot more familiar and, in my option, more space conscious, picture
to first time users.

My proposal is basically this:

This layout roughly resembles most other graphics applications out there and
nicely incorporates the image window. This layout was neither practical nor
feasible before but it is now and I think it is the best time for making the

Awaiting your comments,