--

Hi,

that's the second time you propose "familiarity" for a first time user.
How can a first time user be familiar with anything? Or is this another
"Gimp should look and behave like Photoshop" proposal?

Although I like the aesthetics of your screen shot I find it a lot harder
to assimilate icons in two columns than the existing layout. Since an
early age I was trained to read in lines , left to right. I can scan lines
but not columns. I doubt a new gimp layout is going to have enough impact
on my neural networks to change that.

It looks nice but it's hard work.

regards.