On Thu, 2008-09-18 at 13:33 -0400, Liam R E Quin wrote:
> Not clear these are bugs, I'll gladly file bugs for them if it
> will help.
> (1) filters->recently used has a list of recnetly used fiters;
>     these menu items bringup dialogue boxes, so they should have
>     "..." after the names, and don't.

That code is a little tricky, but I have done some changes in trunk and
the labels are now correct at least for plug-ins that register their
menu entries using the gimp_plugin_menu_register() API.

> (2) am I the ony person bothered by having two entries for New in
>     the file menu?  They should probably be combined.

So far no one came up with a good proposal on how this could be solved.

> (3) if I have an image open, and minimise/iconify it, I now have
>     no way to create a new file, except by opening the image again.
>     File->new from an image window copies the characteristics of
>     that window, too, so I now find myself creating grayscale
>     images all the time.

Ideally if you minimized the last open image, the toolbox and docks
would minimize with it. Unfortunately this only works if you enable
"transient-docks" and this setting has other issues.