Hi,
I want to propose a feature request; I did this already in Bug 565776;
there I was told this should be discussed here, and here I am:
There should be the option to edit path layers in an external program.
It could work this way:
Right click on a path, choose "edit with external program", open it with the
default editor for svg-files. In my case this would be Inkscape.
In Inkscape there should not only be the path, but also all the other layers as
a bitmap in the background, so I can see, how the path interacts with
the rest of the image. If I
save in Inkscape, the path is refreshed in GIMP automatically, the
bitmap background is dropped.
It could of course also work in another way.
Greetings
Das Auge