On Mon, 2009-02-09 at 05:52 +0900, Yoshinori Yamakawa wrote:

> See the following image:
> http://cue.yellowmagic.info/softwares/images/gimp_profile_status_comparison.png
> In case of using the GIMP and any other softwares, handling the image without
> color profile is very important.

Ah, I think I understand now. The idea behind your changes is good and
we should implement something like this for 2.8. But the wording you
have chosen in your implementation is very misleading. "Untagged RGB"
will be confused with tagging for data resources. We should better use a
title like "No Embedded Color Profile". And the working space profile is
not used "temporarily". We need to find a better phrase to describe that
GIMP uses the default workspace profile due to the fact the the image
has no embedded color profile.