What I really miss is to be able to remove brushes that I don't need
and sort/group the ones I use a lot.
Maybe it would be better that most - if not all - of the brushes where
copied to the users profile as a default instead of being static. This
also would invite the user to modify her/his own set and experiment
with the examples.
Otherwise I think the default is ok... it pretty much shows what is
possible to do with the brushes or at least inspires.

Maybe it could be an idea to have selectable sets of brushes?

(Actually I would really love to have preset-brushes "dockable dialog"
with swashes like PhotoShop. The presets are way to hidden... I know,
I should post this on ui-brainstorm.)