On Sat, 2009-07-25 at 11:24 -0400, Liam R E Quin wrote:
> On Sat, 2009-07-25 at 15:22 +0200, peter sikking wrote:
> [...]
> > but it is impossible/the hack of the month to put widgets in
> > a gtk file dialog I was told. and I do not think it is worth it,
> > the hack of the month.
> It's only software... gtk+ could be changed, no?

The problem is not to put widgets into the GTK+ file dialog
(we are already doing this and there is API for it).

The problem is that these widgets live in another process
(in the plug-in), and cross-process embedding is not properly
supported on all platforms, and it's a hack, and and and...

Read: not worth it.