Hi Martin,

On Sat, Aug 01, 2009 at 09:32:36AM +0200, Martin Nordholts wrote:
> On 07/31/2009 07:12 AM, Roman Joost wrote:
> > I could and the patch provided by that bug adds a custom
> > 'property-changed' signal. Sven and Mitch thought, if I inherit from
> > XMPModel, I wouldn't really need the 'property-changed' signal, because
> > I'd be able to control the 'property-changed' signal. That is true, but
> > maybe I wasn't clear enough saying, that I want to distinguish if a
> > schema or a property changed by using different signals.
> Inheriting XMPModel from GtkTreeStore (that's what you meant, right?)
Yes - that's what I ment. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

> does not change the fact that it would be nice to have a
> 'property-changed' signal as a convenience if you have the need to
> listen property changes
So ... I'm just wondering. If I like to use two signals for the
XMPModel, does it still make sense to inherit from GtkTreeStore? I mean,
I can't currently see any benefits if I inherit from GtkTreeStore.

My current model looks like this:

    struct _XMPModel
      GtkTreeStore  parent_instance;

      GSList       *custom_schemas;
      GSList       *custom_properties;

      XMPSchema    *cached_schema;
      GtkTreeIter   cached_schema_iter;

The model before inherited from GObject and had another member, which
was the GtkTreeStore.

Roman Joost
www: http://www.romanofski.de
email: romanof...@gimp.org