Hi all,

Martin Nordholts wrote:
> On 09/01/2009 07:29 PM, peter sikking wrote:
>> Guillermo Espertino wrote:
>>> what about printing a semi transparent copy of the actual brush on the
>>> canvas?
>> exactly what I thought.
> Even though I think the patch made the brush outline better for fuzzy
> brushes, it is still not without flaws. Let's ignore the patch and aim for
> the above instead

i guess what works best is to display the brush outline while
drawing and to use the brush stamp when idling.

If you want to test-drive the look and feel, here's a flash applet
featuring various outline designs:

Other designs can be tested with a download version from

simply replace the PNGs (e.g. tester*.png) or
edit brushes.xml and hit the "reload brushes" button.

have fun,