Asiga Nael wrote:
> After some googling, I found there have been some requests of 48 bit support
> in Gimp, but it doesn't seem to have high priority.

Hi!

We know very well that support for higher bit depths is a crucial
feature. The reason we have decided not to implement it for 2.8 is that
it is likely to take a long time to finish, and we want people to
benefit from the other improvements in 2.8 without having to wait for
higher bit depths and non-destructive editing.

As soon as GIMP 2.8 is out, work will start to phase out the legacy 8
bits-per-channel core and replace it with GEGL.

  / Martin

--

My GIMP Blog:
http://www.chromecode.com/