On Wed, 2009-12-30 at 21:23 +0000, Asiga Nael wrote:

> --- El mié, 30/12/09, Martin Nordholts <ense...@gmail.com> escribió:
> > As soon as GIMP 2.8 is out, work will start to phase out
> > the legacy 8 bits-per-channel core and replace it with
> > GEGL.
> Thanks a lot!! This feature will be very useful for me!!

You are free to start working on it today. GEGL needs more contributors
and there is also a lot that can be done in GIMP today working towards
the goal of better GEGL integration.

There's no point in telling us how important higher bit depths are and
how much you are waiting for this feature. Don't wait, start working on
it today.