De : Sven Neumann []
Date d'envoi : 8 janvier 2010 17:46
À : François Gingras
Cc : gimp-developer@lists.XCF.Berkeley.EDU
Objet : Re: [Gimp-developer] Drawable copying / manipulation in plugin

On Fri, 2010-01-08 at 16:37 -0500, François Gingras wrote:
> Greetings,
> Sorry if this sounds very newbie-ish; I'm somehow new to GIMP plugin
> development. Is there any quick way to copy a drawable in memory, in
> order to manipulate it, and then manipulate the original again?
> Basically, what I'm trying to do is transforming an image in a few
> different ways (every time using the original image) using
> gimp_drawable_transform_matrix_default, keeping results in memory, and
> then putting all these results in one image, which would be sent back
> to the core.

I don't quite understand what you are up to. All the data is kept in the
core if you use gimp_drawable_transform_matrix_default(). You just tell
the core to transform the drawable. No data is actually sent to the

I assume that the drawable your plug-in is working with, is actually a
layer. Then the easiest way to create a copy of the drawable is to
duplicate that layer.