On Mon, Jan 11, 2010 at 11:53 PM, Martin Nordholts wrote:

> The schedule is very simple. It contains a list of things we want to do
> for GIMP 2.8 and an estimate of the time each task will take in the unit
> "8-hour workdays". The sum of all tasks is then multiplied with a "days
> worked per week" factor to give us an estimate on the number of days
> left until GIMP 2.8 is ready. Including the things we originally wanted
> in GIMP 2.8, the ETA for GIMP 2.8 is 2012-01-23. I don't think anyone of
> us wants to wait that long, so we need to take a few features out. If we
> take out:

The somewhat scary thing about this schedule is that neither 2.8, nor
2.10-3.0 section mentions GEGL at all :)

And I think that you overrated work on release notes a bit :) I don't
know how much time it took Sven and Michael to refine the text I
banged up for 2.4 and how much time it took Jimmac to produce
screenshots, but my part was just IIRC four or five hours. With a well
organized effort this could be a matter of day really, not three days.