If you would like better default resources in GIMP, now is a great
opportunity to do something about it. We want GIMP 2.8 to ship with a
good set of default resources, but we need help from our artist
community with this. Right now, we would like to do the following:
* Add rake brushes
* Add more bristle brushes
* Add more realistic patterns from commonly used artistic media
* Add more complex vector based brushes because of their good
* Add a selected subset of GIMP Paint Studio brushes and presets
* Remove the outline squares
* Convert small bitmap brushes to larger variants
* Either create better example brushes of GIMP's capabilities, or
keep existing ones
* Make sure the new resources are properly tagged
To see the current set of default resources, refer to the recently
released GIMP 2.7.1 snapshot. If you have anything to contribute, please
attach that to
Bug 589371 - Improve default set of resources
Whatever default set of resources we have when it is time to release 2.8
will be what 2.8 ships with, and we probably won't add more when 2.8 is
released, so don't miss this chance!
2.8 is expected to be released at the end of 2010.
Thanks in advance for your help.
My GIMP Blog:
"Automatic tab style and removed tab title bar"
Gimp-developer mailing list