Hi guys.

Smashing magazine linked to an interesting blog entry, where John Nack
discusses the possibility of HTML layers in photoshop.

If I understand the gist of his proposition/fantasy, the idea is the
ultimately his image editor would have a feature that can import, present and
edit html elements as components of a layer.

John admits that it is a far fetched idea. And the commentors bring up many

But I find it an interesting idea that, if it possible to implement in an
image editor, could help smooth the process of designing web application

Anyway, I'm just putting it out there to you guys to see what you think. Could
such functionality be possible in a future iteration of gimp? Is it worth
considering? Would it be a complete waste of time and energy? Would it fulfill
any web developers dreams?

bob (via www.gimpusers.com)