You're code certainly sounds very useful, and I would love to see it open
sourced. May I suggest, as was already stated, that you decide upon a
license, find a name for your library, and then open a github ( account (or any other free hosting) where you upload the
code. Whether it will be made part of gimp or not is a different issue, and
I agree that you should introducing closed source dependencies for such a
project is not a good idea.

Btw, there is an open standard for CUDA-like operations being developed,
called OpenCL, but it is not very supported yet. See: . Pehaps you want to investigate whether
there is NVIDIA support for the operations that you use, and if so, recode
the algorithms in OpenCL? But again, I would do the work in a separate
repository in github.