On Fri, Sep 10, 2010 at 7:57 AM, Mirza Husadzic
<mirza.husad...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm afraid that path rendering in GIMP requires a major change.
> Why not take this step further and make it more flexible and easier to
> maintain for future development?

Depending in any way on librsvg would in my opinion not be a move in
the right direction, the next generation rendering infrastructure of
GIMP called GEGL has it's own path class that allows specifying paths
beyond what SVG deals with (though it probably does not deal with some
of the corner cases for terse condensed path representations in SVGs).

The grammar parsed by GeglPath is dynamically extendable to also
incorporate for instance spiro curves http://libspiro.sourceforge.net/
or other non bezier curves.

/Øyvind K.
                                                 -- William Gibson