On Thu, 11 Nov 1999 [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> On  9 Nov, Andrew Kieschnick wrote:
>
> > libgimp and libgimpui are LGPLed, so that isn't a problem.
>
>  Really? Not mine....
>  Serious: If it'd be LPGLed it would have had such a header in every
>  source file and in the COPYING file which isn't the case...

beelzebub:~$ head ~/gimp/libgimp/COPYING
                  GNU LIBRARY GENERAL PUBLIC LICENSE
                       Version 2, June 1991

                    59 Temple Place, Suite 330, Boston, MA  02111-1307 USA
 Everyone is permitted to copy and distribute verbatim copies
 of this license document, but changing it is not allowed.

[This is the first released version of the library GPL.  It is
 numbered 2 because it goes with version 2 of the ordinary GPL.]
beelzebub:~$

Hmm, that sure as hell looks like an LGPL to me. I seriously doubt your
copy of gimp is different than mine...

later,
Andrew