On Sun, Jan 30, 2000 at 10:42:27PM +0200, Tor Lillqvist <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Well, he does say it is intended for the Windows platform, so this is

He also wrote that his code would be fine ANSI C ;) If he wrote "it's
intended for the windows platform, I think the C parts are quite portable"
I would be less offended.

> Most of these types have obvious counterparts in GLib. (WORD = guint,
> HANDLE = gpointer, LPVOID = gpointer)

And I always wondered what purpose they might have...

> And a corresponding Unix library would call the ansi function
> "syslog"?

unix does not have the ansi function "syslog".

> GIMP certainly is better, but for instance much of GNOME was pretty
> infested with non-ANSI gccisms or gnumakeisms still quite recently.

As long as they do not claim that their code is ANSI-C. I can remember my
first (and last) patch to the KDE developers that converted their code
to real C++, and they told me "F*ck off! Get a real c++ compiler!". Ever
since I became sensitive with such claims ;)