On 13 Feb, Kelly Lynn Martin wrote:

> This can be dangerous; you can get a resizing loop if your code isn't
> carefully written.  Window managers can refuse to accept a client
> resize request or can modify it, which could result in a duel between
> GIMP and the window manager as the two fight over who gets to decide
> what size the window will be.

 Hm, but how does it work to create the initial window then? Doesn't
 gtk/gdk tell the window manager how big the window should be? Maybe
 it would be even possible to hide/destroy the window and then show/create
 it again when we'll now the final size. This things are really mystic to
 me, do you have experience in that area?

--

Servus,
       Daniel