>  This idea will cirumvent most of the problems which gettext alone
>  just can't deal with. It's little and as such not very likely to
>  introduce many new bugs.

With the usage of static array and buffer lengths you demonstrated in
your patch it will most likely introduce one or two new bugs, but that
could easily be hacked up a little cleaner

I also don't like the format of the localerc you proposed since it doesn't
look like the other files in ~/.gimp-1.1. Why not use the scheme-like
syntax people are used to use and that the gimp can parse anyway?

>  It would allow us to ship GIMP 1.2 with the possibility to add plugins
>  which will also benefit from localisation without any hassle.

I'm not yet convinced that this goal is worth all the hassle. What do
other people on this list think about this?

Salut, Sven