Date: Fri, 25 Aug 2000 01:08:42 +0200
   From: Sven Neumann <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

   There were no API changes at all. All of the names that are standard
   now have been around for a long time and the only thing we did was to
   reverse the logic of the COMPAT_CRUFT defines. What was

           #ifndef GIMP_DISABLE_COMPAT_CRUFT

   before, has become

           #ifdef GIMP_ENABLE_COMPAT_CRUFT

   now. That's it! Nothing else changed!!

   > So, in effect, the recent undiscussed changes completely break the API and
   > make it impossible to maintain a plug-in for both 1.0 and 1.2 versions.

   Are you sure? Why does it work for the gimp-print plug-in then?

We've been using the old names.  I ran Sven's conversion script to
generate the new names, and put a whole stack of #define's in the one
UI-related file that's shared between the 1.0 code and the 1.2 code.

It does make it harder to maintain the plugin for both releases,
although not all that much so.

Robert Krawitz <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Project lead for The Gimp Print --

--Eric Crampton