On Thu, Aug 31, 2000 at 09:22:56PM +0200, Mail Delivery System
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >     if (p)
> >        free(p);
> >
> I would not assume that it is safe to free() a NULL pointer in _all_

True. OTOH, this has been an internationally accepted standard since 11
years. The question is sometimes as to wether each and every programmer
must be hurt by non-C-ism's in some vendors os's, rather than hurting the
user of gimp(!) on a ten year old machine.

;-> (I am not advocating to change g_free to free everywhere ;)

> > 2) we might break things that work
>
> This is the biggest danger right now.   A freeze is a freeze!

a freeze? a freeze? where is a freeze? ;()