On Tue, 3 Oct 2000, COUTIER Eric wrote:

> Hello,
> GIMP: what a great tool !

Thanks to all Gimp developers!

> I suggest to arrange buttons by "groups", separated with spaces, to respect
> "7 items" ergonomy standard

I'll cast my vote to leave things just as they are.  It doesn't take long
to learn the tools and experimentation during the learning process is a
good thing.

Once you've spent a day or so learning the tools the compact toolbox is a
joy to work with.

> - "gadget" tool (tool that don't modify image but give info on
> image)

Without the measurement tool how do you determine how many degrees to
rotate something?  The only answer is trial and error.  I use the
measurement tool and get it right the first time every time.

I'll often do a screenshot of a web browser and use the
measurement tool to check precise measurements when working on a web
site. Once you learn how and when to use it the measurement tool can save
you a LOT of time.

Jon Winters http://www.obscurasite.com/

   "Everybody loves the GIMP!"