On 2/21/10, Ulf-D. Ehlert wrote:

>> > It might help if you would post line 67 of gimp.tex (plus some
>> > context lines(?), e.g. lines 65-69).
>>
>> And would you mind telling me how to post any lines of an otherwise
>> temporarily created TeX file that is removed right after failed
>> attempt to create a PDF file? ;)
>
> make  [-f Makefile.GNU]  ...  pdf-ru  DBLATEXEXTRAFLAGS="--debug"
>
> See dblatex(1):
>       -d, --debug
>               Debug mode: Keep the temporary directory in which dblatex
> actually
>               works.
>
> But I think it's no longer necessary, I can reproduce the "T2A" and
> "\cyr*" errors using your xml example.

OK, I installed texlive-lang-cyrillic and got a bit further. The
PassiveTeX way seems to work on a smaller document, so

dblatex -P latex.unicode.use=1 xml/ru/key-reference.xml

actually produces the PDF file.

However I still get an error when building the whole help either way.

The final TeX document is here:

http://gimp.ru/files/help/gimp.tex.bz2

And here is the log from dblatex:

http://gimp.ru/files/help/gimp.log.bz2