From: "Alexandre Prokoudine" <alexandre.prokoud...@gmail.com>
Sent: ‎22/‎03/‎2016 10:42 vm.
To: "gimp-gui-list" <gimp-gui-list@gnome.org>
Subject: Re: [Gimp-gui] What should be the default theme and icon theme?

On Tue, Mar 22, 2016 at 3:21 AM, Jehan wrote:

> So the questions are:
> 1/ which symbolic icon theme should be the default? The dark or the light
> one?
> 2/ which theme should be the default (of course, the answer to 1/ limits the
> possible answers to 2/)?

These questions don't make a lot of sense to me. Light symbolic icon
theme doesn't work well with lighter UI themes. Dark symbolic icon
theme doesn't work well with darker UI themes. Otherwise the contrast
is compromised.

Hence if the system/default UI theme is considerably light, you
automatically go with the dark icon theme.

> 3/ Since "Default" won't be the default theme anymore, how should it be
> renamed? Basically that's the theme which follows the current desktop theme.
> So should it be "System"? "Desktop-integration"? Something else?

'System' looks good to me :)

Alex