  loads and runs fine
I don't know how closely the 2.8 rc1 install should mirror 2.7.5

Thanks for any insights...

On 4/26/2012 10:17 AM, Michael Schumacher wrote:
Von: Gary Aitken<>

Has anyone gotten the windoze installer version of 2.8.0-rc1 to work
properly?  I've been running 2.7.5 for a while but when I tried
installing the 2.8 rc1 I'm having problems.  The gimp comes up ok, but
when I attempt to load a .jpg file it hangs; as I recall it's spinning
its wheels in ufraw-gimp.exe (I forgot to write down the exact name, but
I think that's it).

ufraw-gimp.exe is a third-party plug-in to load RAW files. If it has registeres
itself as a file loader for JPEG files (quite possible) and fails*, then this
may cause the problem you've mentioned.

You should remove this plug-in from the plug-ins directory and try again.

*The fact the this plug-in ships with its own copy of bzip2.dll has cause
problems in the past. Re-installing the current, but pretty old version of it
may fix the problem - or cause additional problem in GIMP.